Smartphone Photography Workshop
Smartphone Workshop – Half-day workshop held at Old Portsmouth
New workshops planned for 2024 include;
Photograph the Bournemouth Pier and Beach – 7th April 2024
Corfe Castle, photograph the iconic castle – 21 April 2024
Lyme Regis, photograph the iconic 18th century Cobb and the Beach – 28 April 2024
Give 10% off workshop bookings if you book four weeks or more in advance,
To learn more about our smartphone training, please visit our blog, which defines the training course itinerary in detail.
Introducing the Smartphone Photography Workshop allows smartphone owners to unlock the potential of their devices and elevate their photography skills. Join us to discover the secrets of capturing professional-looking and engaging photography.
- From exploring settings to perfecting composition, lighting techniques, and editing,
- Our workshop will help you create stunning images that promote your Instagram, captivate your audience, and fuel your social media presence.
- Don’t miss out on this invaluable experience that will equip you with high-quality images for your website and social media platforms.
This is an outdoor, fully practical workshop in and around Old Portsmouth and South Sea, where you will be shown different techniques and can practice your new skills, learning to achieve the following:
We will start by going through a few basics with our camera phones.
- Tips on focusing and exposure
- Using a tripod with your smartphone.
- Composition, using perspective
- Finding the right background for your shots.
- How to compose a great shot – using the rules
- How to be creative with depth of field
- How to take control of natural light
What to Bring
Your smartphone is fully charged (a portable phone charger, if you have one, can be useful)
Tripod if you have one.
To join the workshop, you must be over 18 years old.
Easy to Moderate
4 hours of tuition.
Transport during the workshop
- Tripods are available if required.
- Breaks during the workshop, where you can buy food and a coffee rather than snacks.
Camera or travel insurance